OPW raised the protection standard in emergency valves when it introduced the first double-poppet valve back in 1989. This industry-changing OPW innovation helped to significantly reduce the risk of fire, explosion, personal injury, property damage and environmental contamination at sites around the world. Major oil companies and jobbers agreed that providing added protection for their customers, investments and the environment were the three most convincing reasons for switching to the innovative new valves.
• The ONLY emergency shut-off valve in the world designed to protect your customers, investments, and the environment against the potential hazards of undetected shear groove leaks caused by low-impact incidents.
• The patent-pending SmartGuard™ design contains shear groove leaks, preventing fuel from leaking into sumps to help reduce the risk of fire, explosion, personal injury, property damage, environmental contamination, product loss and costly clean-up.
• Superior shear groove design and engineering results in reliable valve shut-off in the event of a pull-over or dislodged dispenser – the 10 Plus utilizes the same time-tested field-proven design of the OPW 10 Series Emergency Shut-off Valve – the most specified emergency shut-off valve in the world.
• Fusible link releases to automatically close the valve to reduce fire hazard.
• Rigorously tested to meet OPW’s rigid quality standards.